Corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives benefit businesses, their employees, and their local communities. CSR team building events are often one core component of broader programs. But to get the most value for everyone involved, it’s vital to choose the right CSR team building partner.
An ideal partner will deliver programs that create fun, emotionally powerful, memorable shared experiences for employees. The company will bring a network of existing relationships with worthy charities and nonprofits, as well as the flexibility to work with local organizations of your choosing. And it will produce value for the enterprise by improving employee relationships, skills, and engagement.
This post is part three of a three-part series. The first post showcased 15 statistics about the value of CSR programs for companies, employees, and nonprofits. The second post detailed seven approaches organizations must take in order to maximize the benefits from their CSR initiatives.
11 Characteristics to Consider When Evaluating CSR Team Building Companies
You have lots of options when selecting a team building company to partner with to deliver CSR programs. You’ll want to choose a provider that can produce a positive and memorable experience for your employees and make a real impact for a deserving nonprofit while also benefiting your organization by enhancing employee relationships, communications, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
Here are 11 specific factors to take into consideration when choosing a CSR team building partner:
- Large number of programs: Choosing a partner that offers 20+ CSR team building options gives you a large set of programs to select from, and means you can use this company over the long term without repeating activities.
- Unique, original activities: Look for a partner that demonstrates its commitment to CSR by developing exclusive and innovative new offerings, rather than just copying what other providers are doing.
- Relationships with charities: Ask your provider about their relationships with national as well as local nonprofits in your area. Again, having a network of relationships—as well as the flexibility to help you work with a charity of your choosing—demonstrates their commitment to CSR.
- PR support: If you’d like to make local media outlets aware of your event to publicize your community involvement, ask your provider if they have connections with a PR or media relations resource who can help raise awareness of your story.
- Accessibility: Team building activities should be designed to include everyone on your team, even those with mobility impairment or other challenges. Look for a provider that integrates digital technology into its programs so that all members of your team can be involved.
- Ability to scale: To accommodate groups of different sizes and get everyone involved at large company events or gatherings, look for a team building company that can scale from a few dozen to 1,000+ participants.
- Emphasis on team building: CSR events benefit good causes, but should also benefit the company by delivering on the pillars of productive team building events: improved communication, interpersonal relations, engagement, and fun.
- Five-star ratings: The best CSR providers consistently earn five-star ratings and positive feedback from participants. Look for a team building company with a large number of five-star ratings and positive reviews.
- Customer service: Your provider should deliver an excellent experience, from the initial assessment through providing a client portal where you can easily track all vital information for your event, including key contacts, schedules, and venue details.
- Experienced facilitators: Getting a large group of people to move in the same direction and then stepping back and letting the magic happen requires special skills and experience. Look for a provider with experienced professionals who understand the four roles of an effective facilitator.
- National coverage: If your organization has multiple offices or brings people in for events in various cities across the country, you don’t want to have to work with a new provider in each location. A team building company that operates nationwide can deliver a consistent, high-quality experience wherever your events are held.
8 CSR Programs to Maximize Engagement and Charitable Impact
Best Corporate Events offers nearly two dozen options for charitable CSR activities, from popular favorites we’ve been running for years to innovative new offerings.
Whether your goal is to help address hunger in your community, help disadvantaged kids, support our veterans and others with mobility issues, assist the homeless, protect the environment, or contribute to causes like helping individuals with autism or Alzheimer’s, we offer programs that empower your teams.
Here are 8 of our most impactful and innovative CSR programs:
- Mini-Golf Build and Food Donation
A fun charity team building program where groups design, construct and play a mini golf course using canned and boxed food items that are donated to a community food bank at the conclusion of the program.
- Project Alzheimer’s
This heartwarming program is designed to help those living in nursing homes, particularly those individuals living with Alzheimer’s Disease or other causes of dementia through the power of music and memory.
Inspired by our popular Build-a-Guitar® program, Build-a-Band™ brings the power of music to young people with the high-quality guitars, bass guitars, and drum sets needed to equip a full band!
- Earth Wind and Solar
This newly-released program combines the engaging experience of building and racing solar-powered vehicles with a donation that will spark children’s curiosity and exposure to STEAM.
- Helping the Homeless
Teams pack backpack care packages for donation to men, women, and – heartbreakingly – children experiencing homelessness. Care packages include blankets, personal hygiene items, first aid supplies, food, school supplies and toys, and other basic necessities.
- Operation Military Care
Groups prepare care packages for donation to service men and women and their families.
- Autism Awareness Sensory Donation
In this new addition to our CSR lineup, groups not only assemble sensory sup kits for autism spectrum therapy programs, but also learn about the effects, behaviors, and challenges of autism disorders through engaging sensory activities.
- Bike Build Donation®
This BEST trademarked program combines fast-paced fun with giving back to the community, and is ideal for groups of 30 people up to thousands. Our proprietary app and iPads combine audio/video clues with fun challenges and activities.
Research studies show how CSR initiatives provide value to enterprises, their employees, and their communities. CSR programs can take many forms, but one of the most effective is CSR team building events, where employees work (and have fun!) alongside their peers to benefit worthy causes.
To optimize the value of CSR team building, enterprises need to partner with a provider that has deep expertise, demonstrated by a track record of success, innovative programs, a national footprint, and a network of relationships with deserving nonprofits and community organizations.
In addition, among the 11 key qualities companies should be looking for when selecting a CSR team building partner are exceptional customer service; the ability to scale to accommodate groups of any size; and experienced facilitators who know how to deliver a CSR team building event that is productive, meaningful, and enjoyable for all participants.