Joint efforts (or the lack thereof) of a whole team can decide the success or failure of a project.
Office team games help foster better and open communication between employees themselves, and also between employees and the higher management.
They also go a long way in improving professional relations, understanding, and co-operation, and this is very much reflected in the quality of the work done.
This brain teaser is a top-tier way to work on problem solving and communication.
Your team will find that the success of this exercise is dependent on how well everyone works together and it is helpful to have casual clothing.
Also remind others to be mindful of colleagues, especially those with certain physical limitations.
Knot your Average Workday
Time: 15-30 minutes
Purpose: Promote teamwork, communication, and problem solving
Participants: 8-20 people
- Instruct the participants to stand in a circle, shoulder to shoulder.
- Tell everyone to put their right hand in the air and grab the hand of someone standing across the circle from them.
- Now tell everyone to put their left hand in the air and grab the hand of a different person.
- Someone needs to check that everyone is holding the hands of two different people and that no one is holding the hand of someone who’s standing directly next to them.
- The objective of the game is to untangle everyone without breaking the circle.
- If the chain is broken, participants will have to start over.
This game will prove to be extremely challenging and will heavily rely on teamwork and communication, without which, participants will find it extremely difficult to successfully complete the task. Now that you’re equipped with a variety of choices, don’t be afraid to incorporate these activities in the office. Not only will you enjoy it and benefit greatly, but so will your colleagues and employees. Don’t forget to post back and let us know which exercises you used and what you learned from them!