Providing constructive and beneficial professional feedback is a specialized skill made even more difficult in a remote context. Based on developing trust and respect with your employees, this course examines not only looks at the art of virtual coaching but also creating and strengthening relationships with all direct reports.
Virtual coaching can help employees to gain self-awareness and take more ownership of their development and career plan. Implemented correctly, direct reports become amenable to coaching and the benefits that they see as a result.
We will cover the following points:
- Thinking of the “long-game” when it comes to coaching, and using a template to lay the groundwork for better coaching
- The five major mistakes that coaches make and how to overcome them
- Understanding “The Ladder of Inference” and how this contributes to misunderstanding when giving coaching and feedback
- Performance vs. Development Coaching with specific techniques for applying these skills
- Coaching each individual based on previous results while focusing on that employee’s development
- Asking probing questions which allow the coached individual to help construct their action plan
Our team of training professionals, who have collectively worked with remote groups in over 75 countries, will customize your workshop to meet your specific goals and outcomes.
We will conduct an assessment prior to your program to ensure the training meets the specific needs of your group, whether they are just starting to navigate the virtual team environment, or have already been using various virtual tools and would like next-level guidance.