- By Gina Columbo
- In Charitable CSR Programs
- Posted October 24, 2019
Importance of Corporate Social Responsibility
A company’s sense of responsibility towards the community has become increasingly more important year after year. Consumers are looking for more than just high-quality products and services. When making a purchase, consumers are holding companies accountable for how they socially contribute to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). By embracing CSR, companies stand out from competitors in your industry and have an advantage over them. You establish yourself as a company committed to going one step further by considering social and environmental factors.
Our Most Popular Programs
Over the years, BEST has developed a great lineup of charitable give-back programs. We have built long-lasting relations with the top philanthropic organizations. Our CSR programs can be delivered anywhere in North America. They feature group bonding activities designed to boost team spirit and unity while helping less fortunate members of your community. These uplifting events include activities, games, and challenges resulting in the creation of items for donation. The items are donated to local and national charities. These charities are helping overseas soldiers, schools, the homeless, children, the elderly, and Alzheimer’s patients – to name a few.
Check out these Top 7 benefits to contributing to CSR:
- Increase public image – For most companies, their measure of success is based on the positive impact they have on society while maximizing the value for its employees and owners. Whether you like to believe it or not, consumers assess your public image when deciding whether to buy from you. Consider organizing volunteering time or a team building activity like Build-a-Wheelchair. Build-a-Wheelchair is a fun and interactive event where participants assemble wheelchairs to benefit veterans and local nonprofits. Consumers will notice that your brand is committed to helping others and, as a result, want to do business with you.
- Boost employee engagement – Team building activities are an excellent way for employees to develop deeper relationships with one another. By showing your commitment to CSR, you’re more likely to attract and retain the top-performing employees.
- Positive workplace environment – Positive employee relationships are crucial for today’s companies. The team building programs hosted by BEST allow your team members to grow within their career by strengthening their skills and relationships. Employees, in turn, will be more engaged, productive, and happy!
- Increase creativity – Members of your team can utilize their different strengths while sharpening other skills needed at the workplace. Using each individual’s creativity encourages professional and personal growth.
- Boost performance – In addition to forming better relationships, team building activities develop skills that can be used back in the office. So the next time a big project is assigned, everyone will be more confident in their role in the project.
- Confidence – CSR helps build confidence allowing your team to be more confident in speaking up and being open to sharing their ideas.
- Have fun – At Best Corporate Events, we offer unique programs that combine fun with a higher level of problem-solving, innovation, and strategic planning. Furthermore, our events are designed to enhance individual and team growth through trust and communication. Team building will solidify the cohesiveness of your group while providing key insights and applicable skill sets needed in the workplace. In 2017, a study by Cone Communications found that the majority of consumers surveyed, 87% said they would purchase a product because a company supported a cause they care about. More importantly, a whopping 76% will refuse to buy from a company if they learn it supports a cause contrary to their own beliefs.
Team Building for CSR
It is in a companies best interest to establish a CSR strategy. A plan involving all the employees at every level is essential. The majority of these initiatives are team building activities. Whether scheduled daily, monthly, or quarterly, they contribute to the strength of the team and are far more valuable than any other initiative.
Don’t forget to share your efforts on your social media channels. And if you hire BEST to facilitate your next CSR event, don’t forget to mention us in your post. We love seeing your team at work and having fun! Our Facebook page can be found HERE. Your customers would love to see how you are helping the community, thus help increase your customer base. Some companies that do a great job showcasing their CSR efforts are big names like Apple, Google, and The Walt Disney Company.
View our full list of CSR programs HERE!