- By Jonathan Ruales
- In DIY
- Posted December 1, 2015
Simple, Dynamic Communication Skills Activities
Good communication is key at any company and an integral part of office dynamics. Not only does it create more efficiency and less frustration team members, but it is also helpful to your employees in forming stronger relationships.
These three elements are ideal for both the companies revenue and office morale. Fortunately, effective office communication is rather simple to achieve if you understand these basic principles:
- Improving communication between colleagues and supervisors involves effort on the part of all staff members.
- Staff members in leadership roles guide the communication practices based on how they organize the office and interact with their employees.
- Leaders must evaluate current communication efforts and identify those areas that need the most improvement.
Chatterbox is a simple yet effective communication skills activity your team can use anytime.
Tools needed: None.
- Divide your group into pairs and have them spread apart.
- Provide the pairs with a topic to chat about.
- Each person will have a specific time (two minutes) to talk nonstop without interruption.
- Their partner will just listen, and when the specified time is up they are given a few moments (one minute) to discuss what they heard. The duo then reverses roles. The talker becomes the listener and vice versa to perform the above task.
Following these rules and guidelines will effectively ensure each participant has a fair time to speak. The listener can only digest what the speaker is saying, while the speaker is free to talk about the subject without interruption. This is a quick and simple way to develop participants into confident speakers and attentive listeners.