- By Whitney
- In Corporate Events,Team Building
- Posted May 21, 2013
Corporate Programs & Outings: 5 Ways to Choose the Right One for Your Team
As the biggest team building company in America, we have dozens of knowledgeable staff members ready to help you choose the right corporate program or team outing for your group. It’s our pleasure to work closely with each client towards a customization that’s the best fit for his or her needs. When you’re looking to narrow down your choices, here are some factors to consider:
1. Location, location, location! The venue or space in which the program will be held can be a key component in selecting activities. Is it outdoors with lots of room, which might point towards a wide-ranging program like Catapult? Or indoors and already full of tables, which would indicate a culinary program might be a better fit? Knowing the exact room or area in which the program will be held is vital.
2. Well, would you look at the time? It’s important to have a good sense of the day’s schedule before you choose what program will fit. Are participants coming straight from another meeting or is this the first activity of the morning? Do you have two hours? Three? An entire day, which could be set aside for one of our in-depth Professional Development programs like Conflict Resolution or Time Management Training? Best Corporate Events lead facilitators are always prepared to adjust the length of the program on the fly as required, but the more information they have up front, the better they can time the flow of the event.
3. Give it away, give it away, give it away now. CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) is a workplace buzzword these days, and many companies take advantage of our wide variety of charitable programs to give back to their community while getting in some solid team building. It can be a great way to add extra heartwarming moments to an already impressive program. If your group is interested in incorporating philanthropy, consider one of our innovative CSR programs.
4. Let’s get physical. Different groups have different physical abilities. Some companies we work with are full of gung-ho fitness buffs ready for a challenge; some have members with limited mobility. Though of course no one is ever pushed into any activity with which he or she is not comfortable, it’s helpful to know in advance the way your group deals with physical tasks. Those who are ready to roll might prefer one of our zippy high-tech SmartHunts® or an engaging athletic competition like the Medal Games. Those less interested in physical challenges might lean towards calmer programs such as Chocolate Architect.
5. Winner winner! Every one of our programs and events forges relationships and trust between participants, but some programs contain a competition that ends with one or more winning teams — often via medals bestowed around their necks! It’s great to know in advance whether you’re looking for something that pits teams against each other, like Fiesta Fun and Chili Cook-Off, or that urges collaboration throughout, like the crowd-pleaser Bridge to the Future.
Armed with the right information, you can easily select the best possible program to fit your needs. This handy Compare tool is great for getting you started.
“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.” -Edward de Bono